Officers & Directors
Weekly Club Meeting
Williamsport Rotary meets on Monday from 12:00 > 1:00 at the Genetti Hotel in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
200 W 4th Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
President: David Steele
1st Vice President: Marc Schefsky
2nd Vice President: Robin Glossner
Treasurer: Tom Burkholder
Secretary: Dawn Linn
Williamsport Rotary History
The idea of Rotary was only ten years old when the Rotary Club of Williamsport was officially chartered in 1915. It was the 173rd club in the world to receive a charter.
A small group of organizers led by Tracy L. Nicely, President of D. S. Andrus Company, had begun meeting at the Park Hotel in December of 1914.
Later meetings were held in the Henry House. In its early years the group rotated to various sites including the Elks, churches, the Columbus Building and the YMCA before finding its home at the Lycoming Hotel (now the Genetti). The first meeting there was as June 26, 1922. It was a “Ladies Night” event.
There were 39 charter members of the original club including Walter G. Lamade, Jesse S. Bell, George Fleming and Bert Wood.
Milestones in the history of the Williamsport Rotary include:
- 1910 originate the Boy Scout movement in Lycoming County
- 1923 formation of the Lycoming Crippled Children’s Society (now Children’s Development Center)
- 1936 Junior Rotary Club formed
Today the club membership remains at about 48 members, men and women, engaged in the business and nonprofit community who value “service above self” and the group works on fundraising projects to support the Special Olympics, the Children’s Development Center, literacy programs in Lycoming County, the Salvation Army, the James V. Brown Library, CAPPA and many other community organizations.
Rotary continues to be a force that makes Williamsport and Lycoming County a better community.